Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Musical Week!




Hello everyone!

I wonder if you could think for a moment about what you did yesterday...and where music featured in it! Maybe you were listening to the radio in the car, maybe you sang to your baby as you put him or her to bed. Maybe you tested out one of our new songs from Tuesday's class & sang whilst chasing a ball around the lounge :)

A major philosophy behind Kindermusik is that you, the parent, is the child's first and most important teacher, and the home, not the classroom, is the best place for the child to learn! Our class only takes up 45 minutes of your week, but by using your home materials & finding the music in your home environment, the Kindermusik experience can be a part of every day :)

A favourite activity around our house this week has been 'I roll the ball to you' - after having so much fun using the big exercise ball on Tuesday, we've been chasing it around the house with great enthusiasm! Jarvis is still crazy about the Cock-a-doodle-Moo! book, which we read often. It has so many opportunities for vocal play - and he has started making 'brrrrrrrm' noises when he plays with his toy tractor which is a new development!

I really hope you're enjoying the special time you have with your child in class, life is so busy that it's nice to have 45 minutes when you don't have anything else you need to be doing except for enjoying music with your beautiful baby!

How have you been using your At Home Materials this week? Where have you found music in your day? We'd love to hear all about it!

Have a wonderful day :)
Kath & Jarvis




3 comments:

  1. I love how interested in his book Jarvis is in the photo! We sing alot around the place, nothing specific though, although Bonnie does prefer You Are My Sunshine or Skip To My Lou (actually she's getting quite bosy and if I sing 'the wrong song' she tells me to stop and sing something else!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, well, the tambourine is now getting much more use around the house. I've started singing the alphabet song while tapping out the timing on it. Now whenever Issac picks it up, he starts banging it with his hand, I start singing and he laughs his little head off. The neighbors must think I'm mad... oh well, what's new?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to tell you too. After last weeks class Michael noticed Jake was clapping! When I told Michael we'd been clapping earlier that day at Kindermusik he thought that was pretty cool that he learnt that there with the kiddies. Then today, Michael was amazed at how good Jake was at catching/holding the ball he was playing with him with... Again, I was able to say, that's because we've been playing 'I roll/bounce the ball to you' at Kindermusik :o) I think Michael's quite stoked to see Jake learning so many new things so quickly and Kindermusik has definitely helped alot!

    ReplyDelete